March 25, 2020: Today on the show, we welcome John Shelsta of AvoCon Solutions. AvoCon is an Information Technology Service Provider specializing in Enterprise computing environments utilizing Microsoft, Citrix, and VMWare technologies. Headquartered in Phoenix, AZ they have been servicing the southwest region of the United States since 2000. With so many health IT organizations being pushed into the uncharted terrain of full-scale remote work, there are many challenges they are currently facing and are still to face in the future. In this episode, we discuss the process of migration to the cloud for health organizations and what this transition looks under the unique circumstances we find ourselves in today. John highlights the top mistakes he sees many organizations making, as well as the incredible tools and resources available to help them mitigate these. We also take a look specifically at Citrix Cloud and its new Remote PC technology, other solutions for telecommunications migration, and the key role that group focus will play in these challenging times. Take a listen!
Key Points from This Episode:
- Learn more about the Citrix Cloud and the shift toward Remote PC over this time.
- Setting up HR and accounting staff to work remotely via a virtual delivery agent (VDA).
- How the Citrix Remote PC technology works and their other methods for remote work.
- How Corona Virus is accelerating the move to the cloud and forcing behaviors to change.
- Will remote work and tele-visits take hold beyond the Corona Virus epidemic?
- The top common mistakes organizations make when first migrating to the cloud.
- The power of group focus and using it as a catalyst for speed and efficiency within health IT.
- How companies may need to approach licensing when the Corona Virus pandemic is over.
- The integral role telecommunications play in health IT and the difficulty with transitioning.