In today’s show, we have eleven exciting stories to cover. We talk telemedicine reaching into space, drones delivering emergency care services, cancer-detecting AI which outperforms humans, and more! Our final talking point is an article about hospital mergers.
Stories We've Covered
Are any of these predictions for healthcare really going to happen in 2020? It’s Tuesday News Day and today we parse the vast ocean of predictions.
It’s Tuesday News Day and here are the stories for the week.
- Healthcare leaders urge full-court press on social determinants of health
- Banner Health agrees to $6 million settlement over 2016 breach
- AMA Asks Walmart to Reconsider January EPCS Requirement
- Catalyst for Payment Reform Finds Value-Based Healthcare Not Moving Quickly Enough
- HHS cybersecurity leader describes the active threats on agency’s radar | Healthcare IT News
- Machine learning, AI, telemedicine and other technologies will pose data security risks, says Dr. John Halamka | Healthcare Finance News
- A Different Use Case for AI: Boston Children’s Explores Automating Patient-Provider Communication
- VA launches National Artificial Intelligence Institute
- 10 Steps to Prepare for 2020 – Big Challenges – Bigger Opportunities – StarBridge Advisors
- Mark Tarr’s 2020 healthcare predictions | Encompass Health
- Digitisation, Democratisation and Deep Learning will Build the Healthcare for Tomorrow: Shez Partovi, AWS – dynamicCIO.com
- Amazon Lex Achieves HIPAA Eligibility
- RxRevu and Cerner Work Together to Improve Prescription Price Transparency for Millions of Patients
Tuesday News Day. Here are our stories.
- Halamka looks to scale digital health globally for Mayo Clinic | Health Data Management
- Why the Mayo Clinic chose Google as its cloud provider, according to their tech chief
- Cerner expands AWS relationship with new machine learning initiatives
- Do you trust Jeff Bezos with your life? Tech giants are getting into the health care business
- Cerner, Amazon Web Services team to tackle readmissions | Health Data Management
- AI Weekly: Amazon plays the long game in health care AI | VentureBeat
- Hospital Groups Sue to Block Price-Transparency Rule – WSJ
- Being Transparent About Healthcare Transparency: Policy and Politics for Patients – Liberation
- Satya Nadella: How Microsoft Is Preparing For Quantum And Edge Computing
- 2020: Access to Care Through the Digital Front Door
- The most remote emergency room: Life and death in rural America – The Washington Post
- Best Buy’s healthcare strategy: Get insurers to pay – HENRY KOTULA
- Stand Out
- Be a part of the discussion
- Support Health IT
Bill Russell recently served as the SVP and CIO of St. Joseph Health where he oversaw the health systems technology and information strategies. Prior to joining St. Joseph Bill provided leadership for several consulting practices including operating his own practice for six years. Bill specializes in emerging technology and practices to advance organization and community objectives. Bill holds a bachelor’s degree in economics from Moravian College in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, and has completed executive education courses and health care IT leadership training at the Harvard School of Public Health in Cambridge, Massachusetts.