It’s Tuesday News Day and here’s what we have on tap.
- Walmart’s First Healthcare Services ‘Super Center’ Opens
- First glimpse into new ‘Walmart Health’ format – Talk Business & Politics
- Healthcare May Eventually Become A Bigger Business For Best Buy Than Selling Electronics
- Sam’s Club, Humana team up to mitigate high out-of-pocket healthcare costs
- Best Buy, Amazon and Walmart Leading Retail’s Race into Home-Based Care – Home Health Care News
- Column: Amazon Care may be to healthcare what Amazon Prime is to shopping
- Will Amazon Care Sink Teladoc Health, or Give It a Massive Boost? | The Motley Fool
- Is Amazon Care the beginning of a strangler fig for health care? – STAT
- Why Amazon Care may be the new model for corporate healthcare
Stories We've Covered
It’s Tuesday News Day and today we interview Dr. Don Rucker the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC).
It’s Tuesday News Day and today we go deep into TEFCA.
- ONC Awards The Sequoia Project as TEFCA’s Recognized Coordinating Entity
- TEFCA in a Nutshell – Impact Advisors
- TEFCA in a Nutshell – Part 2 – Impact Advisors
- Sequoia Project Announced as TEFCA’s Recognized Coordinating Entity – Impact Advisors
- US Core Data for Interoperability | USF Health Online
- ONC & CMS Proposed Rules – Part 3: Data Requirements
It’s Tuesday News and here are some of the stories we covered.
- Judy Faulkner reflects on what a long, strange trip it’s been for Epic Systems Corp. Erik Lorenzsonn Madison.com
- 32M Patient Records Breached in First Half of 2019, 88% Caused by Hacking Jessica Davis Health IT Security
- Phishing Attack Breaches Data of 183,000 Presbyterian Health Patients Jessica Davis Health IT Security
- MGH reports data breach that exposed information of nearly 10,000 people – The Boston Globe The Boston Globe
- Close to one-third of healthcare employees have never received cybersecurity training, report shows Jeff Lagasse Healthcare Finance News.com
- Apple Just Gave 1.4 Billion Users A Reason To Quit Their iPads, iPhones – Forbes
- Bar is rising for consumerism in healthcare, but providers are still playing catch-up Jeff Lagasse Healthcare Finance Weekly
- Opinion: It’s Your Right To See Your Medical Records. It Shouldn’t Be This Hard To Do NPR Harlan Krumholz
- Google wants to reduce lifespan for HTTPS certificates to one year – ZDNet
- CDSS Could Replace EHRs as Clinician Interface, says Frost & Sullivan Fred Donovan HITInfrastructure.com
- Two-thirds of consumers say they’re interested in telehealth, but far fewer have given it a try Mobihealthnews.com Dave Muoio
- IBM’s ‘Dr. Watson’ may have been misguided from the start
- Stand Out
- Be a part of the discussion
- Support Health IT
Bill Russell recently served as the SVP and CIO of St. Joseph Health where he oversaw the health systems technology and information strategies. Prior to joining St. Joseph Bill provided leadership for several consulting practices including operating his own practice for six years. Bill specializes in emerging technology and practices to advance organization and community objectives. Bill holds a bachelor’s degree in economics from Moravian College in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, and has completed executive education courses and health care IT leadership training at the Harvard School of Public Health in Cambridge, Massachusetts.