How are you doing on my data maturity scale. Four steps.
– First you use your data well
– Integrate and use others data well
– Use each others data well
– Invite larger community to innovate on the data set
Mayo is demonstrating all four from what I can tell right now.
The first step involved building a solid foundational data layer so disparate data sets could be combined in a meaningful way.
There are three keys to getting the foundational data layer right, said Ilia Tulchinsky, the engineering director for Google Cloud Healthcare and Life Sciences, during the webinar:
– Integrating data from multiple systems of record, both in large batch updates and incremental real-time updates
– Harmonizing data to common standards and schema such as Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources, or FHIR
– Modeling data for use in AI and ML applications
“Bringing the right data at the right time in the right way to a busy healthcare practitioner is paramount to the overall success of AI and ML endeavors.” Tulchinsky said.
How is your health systems data strategy on this scale?