February 25, 2020: It’s News Day! Bill kicks off the show by talking about the vision of This Week in Health IT. As a passionate health IT leader, Bill believes that healthcare suffers because health IT is lagging, and through creating awareness, he hopes to inspire change. He then covers a range of stories, from Ed Marx’s post on LinkedIn about the reasons that digital healthcare lags to AdventHealth’s decision to change from Cerner to Epic. Bill weighs in on all of these, agreeing with some and pointing out the shortcomings of others. The final story Bill shares is one that continues to dominate the headlines: The Epic Story. This time, Bill discusses Don Rucker’s response to it and how he sees this story unfolding over the upcoming months.
- An overview of Ed Marx’s digital healthcare article and some of Bill’s takeaways.
- Insights into the relationship between EHR data and clinician burnout.
- Why Bill cautions against taking Dr. Sinsky’s metrics as leading metrics.
- Find out why creating a 5G enabled hospital would not work, according to Bill.
- The exciting exoskeleton work that is happening at the VA in Palo Alto.
- Why the best EHR is the one you are already using.
- Bill’s insights on Providence Cedars-Sinai merger and some of the IT questions it raises.
- How the Bon Secours story presents exciting prospects for future mergers.
- Bill’s thoughts on Don Rucker’s response to those who signed the Epic opposition letter.